domingo, 27 de agosto de 2017

quiet please... — the new best of nick lowe, disc one



1. (What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love And Understanding [by Brinsley Schwarz]
2. So It Goes
3. Heart Of The City
4. Endless Sleep
5. Marie Provost
6. I Love The Sound Of Breaking Glass
7. Cracking Up
8. American Squirm
9. Cruel To Be Kind
10. Without Love
11. Yo Make Me
12. When I Write The Book [by Rockpile]
13. Play That Fast Thing (One More Time) [by Rockpile]
14. Burning
15. Heart
16. Raining Raining
17. Ragin' Eyes
18. Mess Around With Love
19. Wish You Were Here [with Paul Carrack]
20. L.A.F.S.
21. Half A Boy And Half A Man
22. The Gee And The Rick And The Three Card Trick
23. The Rose Of England
24. I Knew The Bride (When She Used To Rock And Roll)
25. Wishing Well


Quiet Please... — The New Best Of Nick Lowe, Disc One


When I Write The Book
By Rockpile
 
Well I can remember
Like it was only yesterday
Love was young and foolish
Like a little child at play
But oh how lovers change
I never dreamed how easily
For now I'm just a shadow
Of the boy I used to be

And when I write the book about my love
It will be about a man who was torn in half
About his hope and ambition wasted through the years
The pain will be written on every page in tears
When I write the book about my love

I was a fool to myself
When I kept on runnin' around
And I fared little better
When I tried settlin' down
Maybe some magic moment
I have ever known, but not for long
For all too soon the magic
Was in a moment gone

And when I write the book about my love
It'll be a heartbreaking story about love and luck
When I get down on the pages all I felt
It will make the hardest-hearted of critics' hearts melt
When I write the book about my love

When I was young love was fun
And I was so happy
I looked so good
I dressed so snappy
Two-tone shoes on my feet
Big old smile on my face
Cause I moved round over the place
But now I'm down in heels and my complexion is bad
Because my love of life is sadder than sad

And when I write the book about my love
It'll be a pop publication, tougher than tough
When I get down on the pages all I missed
It will shoot to the top of the best-sellers list
When I write the book about my love

No hay comentarios: